Search This Blog

Saturday 25 January 2014

Breaking In....

Breaking in to Breaking Bad and Netflix !

Yes I am finally able to watch this highly acclaimed series.I must say that I had not heard of it until the final season and everyone in the social media world were talking about the finale.It obviously was shown on a channel that we do not have as I am sure I would have stumbled across it at some point.So it left me thinking where could I watch this ? Last week I saw an advert for a free months trial to Netflix.We had previously ignored any pay to view services of this nature and it's suck you in deals but on this occasion I checked all the small print and decided to go ahead with it.You have to give billing information upfront through whichever method you prefer from debit card to Paypal.You are not charged until the first paying month is due and you are given a date to cancel by on each month should you no longer want to watch.The service is £5.99 for online viewing and is available on a number of devises from computer to PS3.You are able to watch unlimited films and TV shows from a vast collection of titles dating from modern to decades before.I must admit it feels good having so much available at the click of a button.But it doesn't help you much in the way of not being a couch potato though lol ! We may keep the service for a few months and see how we go as compared to box sets of the shows or watching films at the cinema you can't go wrong with the price.If we kept it for 2 paying months it would be £11.98 divide that by the 3 months that we would have been watching and you get roughly £4 a month and £1 a week.So we don't have much to lose really.

Onto more about Breaking Bad......I love it so far and am not breaking myself in gently as I watch around 2 episodes a day and am engrossed from beginning until end.Yes it can be predictable and maddening in parts.But it has that certain something.The characters are complex,well acted and the show has a great mix of Dark and humour.With the nature of the show it does contain violence and some gore but not too much in my opinion compared to some shows or films.It's just different ! Let me watch the whole 5 seasons and I will get back to you with my full critic review !


No comments:

Post a Comment